Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, December 14

Weekend Update

Is it just me or has the last few weeks flown past? Every day is running into the next, nothing is ever different. I get up, I work, I come home, and I sleep. In between I take care of Laine and Erik and the laundry.
Friday I left work close to four in the afternoon so I got home right at 5:00. Picked Laine up and was going to do a little shopping but decided against it, the mall was packed and I had some place to be in a few hours anyway so I didn’t want to try shopping if I was going to have to rush. So at 6:30 I headed over to the White’s and hung out with Mizz Andrea and my mom until about 9:00 then I went home to meet up with Erik and try to get some snuggle time in before bed but he was working so I went to bed alone.
Saturday I had to get some errands run so I took Laine with me to CVS and Hobby Lobby and the bank while Erik took April to the vet to see about the rash she’s developed. We met back at the house close to the same time and then left together to meet mom for lunch then head over to the Verizon store to get me a new phone that doesn’t suck. It’s amazing; it’s smarter than I am for sure. After Verizon we went to Kohl’s and Target and PetsMart before heading back towards home. On our way we stopped by a Christmas tree lot but didn’t find anything we liked, all the trees were scraggly looking so we opted for looking elsewhere another time. We thought that other time was going to be on Sunday but it wasn’t. Sunday we went to church to see Amy and Jacob and Josh in the Christmas play that the children’s classes were putting on, everyone was so wonderful. I can’t wait for Laine to be up there with her brothers, it’ll be so great, but I’ll definitely need better seats next time.
After church Laine and I took about a two hour nap together while Erik worked. He was still working when I got up, he was still working when I fed Laine and he was still working when I put her down for her second nap hours later. Finally around 5:00 he stopped just long enough for us to make a quick visit to his parents house, we visited and ate dinner and had some coffee then Erik got another call and had to go back home to work again. He was just crawling into bed when I woke up with Laine at 4:00. I know the economy suck and I know I should be grateful that he even has a job, and I am. But I really can’t express to you how much I truly hate his job. We still don’t have a Christmas tree.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

:( Im sorry that you are so grr'd about your erik working all the time it's no fun, especially when it comes out of nowhere and can last indefinitely. Boo for no tree yet, but OMG SUPER AMAZING ABOUT THE PHONE! :) Now you can play your own games on your own phone and dont have to worry about if Erik charged his phone so that you can play on his. :)
I miss you guys. Its been too long. BOO

izonprize said...

Sorry that your husband has to work so much but agree with you that we should be thankful to have jobs in this crazy iffy economy. Try to look for the sweet gifts given each day in the midst of the bumps in the road. Laine's great disposition; good health; warm bed; electricity; a car that runs; man, I need to start my own list! Thanks for making me think about giving thanks in every situation--even when life throws you a curve and puts you in your jammers at 6pm! Love you!