Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, December 22

Update

Laine is sick again. She has another ear infection but this time it’s only in one ear and its swelling. Also instead of a cough it’s got a sore throat with it, but that cough should develop in the next couple of days. She was put on a broader spectrum antibiotic and she is on a very strict schedule with her Tylenol, every four hours exactly or her fever spikes. She has hardly any appetite, except for cheerios; she’ll eat those any time. She’s lethargic, staring blankly at nothing for long spans of time and she just wants to be held constantly.
This is not the little girl I’m used to.
The last couple of days her laugh has gotten even more beautiful since we don’t hear it. When she smiles it stops everything else in the room. That little snaggle-toothed smile that is a constant light usually and now it’s just flashed like a busted strobe light and we just have to bask in the warmth it brings when it does spark; you wouldn’t believe the antic’s Erik and I are willing to pull just to get her to smile.
She hasn’t been wanting to sleep much either, she wants to take little cat naps and then she’ll stay out for about five hours at night then she’s up before the sun, screaming the roof down. And the more she screams the more it hurts her throat so she cries more and then she hurts more so she cries more… I’ve been taking the time to cry with her, she seems to appreciate the company.
Erik said this morning that he had her lying on the couch next to him and that she sat up, grabbed her blanket (the pink one that is her favorite) and she pulled and kicked at it until it covered her up, stuck her thumb in her mouth and laid back down and started watching TV.
This is not the little girl I’m used to. Poor thing.

5 comments:

izonprize said...

If only I could take away all her pain, I would.
If only I could make her smile and laugh, I would.
I can only think of one thing to say right now. It is something my moma used to say: This too shall pass. I pray it passes quickly and tomorrow morning you wake up to laughter instead of crying and smiles instead of stares. I love you all.

izonprize said...

She looks so sad. But I KNOW, Tomorrow Will Be Better.

Unknown said...

You may try this herbal candy, which is pretty popular in asia~~
It works well on my sore throat!
ninjiom.50webs.com

KrysTros said...

Wow, poor little Laine. I hope she gets better soon.

BColleen said...

Aww poor Lainey Bug :( She is getting so big! I heart her cute little outfit in that pic BTW. :) Ear aches are horrible. All I can say is good luck.