Never were there such devoted sisters.
I’m not one of those people that can say “I’ve always wanted a sister” because I didn’t, half the time I didn’t even want the brother I had, so now that I am grown and my one brother has turned into three brothers and six sisters I’m a little overwhelmed by it at times, especially during the Christmas season when you are made to realize how big your family really is. When I sat to make my Christmas shopping list this year I was surprised at how long it’s gotten in the past few years, it seems we are adding one every year. Count them out: Momma and Daddy, Torben and Patricia, Levi and Sydney, James and Cassie, Darren and Audrey, Alicia, Jennifer, Kate, Jacob and Joshua, Grandma, Poppy and Grandmother Rosendahl. Holy Silent Night Batman! That’s not even including our friends that we count as family and my own husband and live-at-home kid. Haha! I LOVE it! Christmas gets better and better with the more people you add and I can’t even remember what I found so terrible about someone else joining my family. One day when time travel is possible I’ll have to go visit my three year old self and say tell her that we don’t need to try to drop baby Levi on his head, we really do love him and are even better now that he’s given us Sydney.
I got to thinking about this even more last night after I got home from Miss Andrea’s house. Jennifer and Kate had been baby sitting for me and when I got home around 8:30 Laine was already asleep in bed, so I felt a little sad that I missed out on Laine time for the day, but my sisters took care of me, they gave me video and photos of their night with Laine; it’s like I didn’t miss a thing.
I love every one of my sisters, each one for different reasons; but Jenn and Kate take the prize this week.
1 comment:
:) Sisters do rock. I am happy to have the 3 sisters that I have. So what if you are from a different mama, I love your mama too, and I totally adopt her as another mama... it helps that she says that she has adopted me too. lol. Family does rock.
Post a Comment