Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thursday, December 17

Thoughtful Thursday

There is always music in my kitchen; it's the one room there will always be music in my house. It’s never turned off; just sometimes it gets turned down. Next time you’re in my kitchen test it and see for yourself, the little radio by the stove, turn it up, music is always on. I prefer it that way. Actually I prefer to live my life that way, with music always on. I never know when I’m going to need that little pick me up. Also it’s how I make some of my decisions, like last week I couldn’t decide what to make for dinner, baked chicken and potatoes or spaghetti and meat sauce, I turned up the radio and 30 Seconds to Mars was playing. Jared Leto is a beefcake so… meat sauce. Once I needed help deciding on what shoes to wear to church and Friday Night’s Alright for Fighting was playing so… sneakers, because who wears flip flops to a fight.
Anyway now since Laine takes her bath in the kitchen sink I always have music on during bath time, sometimes it makes her dance and sometimes she screams for me to turn it off, last night she didn’t' seem to care one way or the other, but since I want to make her bath time as enjoyable as possible, I scrolled through the radio stations to see what she wanted to listen to... and wow. Here’s a video of that.

She likes the Mexican. She digs Zydeco and she LOVES polka. Thank God for the BBC radio station, they play all kinds of accordion music on the weekends.
I know my dad is probably giggling like a little boy right now. Polka! What’s next? Khaki pants and chess club?! My God, what burdens have You set on my shoulders? Couldn’t she get into Emo like all the other kids? What am I going to do?
I’ll tell you what I’m going to do, I’m going to blast me some Tejano jams and dance like I love me some lederhosen. Because she’s my kid, and she can like whatever kind of music she wants. I’ll just be glad she likes music at all.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

Of course she likes polka, its bouncy flouncy music lol.

izonprize said...

Ha, ha!! That's what I used to listen to when I was a girl. Polka on a 45 rpm album. It was fun! She is her nana's girl :D