
I feel as though I’ve neglected my blogging duties by being three days late in posting my weekend update. I know you’ve all been sitting at your computers losing entire workdays hitting Refresh (or F5) over and over; waiting for those beautiful words to spontaneously appear “Weekend Update” it’s like a flashing ball of happiness that seeps into you and officially starts your week off on a good note. I know this and I am so sorry that this week must be sucking so badly for all of you without my update to start you off, but I’ve had issues. You’ll forgive me, I know you will.

So Friday was a wonderful day as you would know from watching the video and seeing the pictures from my last post. Snow days are always fun when you get to play in the snow. By the time I got home it had all melted so Laine wasn’t able to see it until Saturday.

Saturday was a super day; we had our family portraits taken by Colleen. All eleven of us were there and everyone brought the right clothes and everyone was happy and healthy and smiling for the photos and the boys were being wonderfully patient and cooperative, Laine is still a baby so excuses don’t need to be made for her. Here are a few of the best ones, and by best ones I mean the ones where I look the best. Hey, it’s my blog.

After pictures were done and everyone was back in the house Momma made hot cocoa for us and we ate cookies and just had a great evening together. Josie and Laine got to play on the countertop like children should be able to and had a blast.

I got to see my person for a couple of hours outside of both of our houses and it was a wonderful day.
Sunday we did the cardboard testimonials at church. I got up on stage and stood there for like fifteen seconds, and this time I did not vomit so I’m thinking next time I can try for a full minute. Haha. Or not.

After church Momma and Daddy had us over for brisket and Darren and Audrey brought the boys over again, having time with the whole family for two days was something I should have taken way more pictures of, but Colleen takes better photos anyway.
Sunday night is when Laine started acting a little sick. She started coughing right before we put her to bed and she coughed all night. By the morning her coughs sounded bad, like watery and she was way more congested than normal, so at 6:00 Monday morning I gave her some decongestant and some Tylenol and tried to give her a bottle but she didn’t want it.

She’s always such a happy baby that we aren’t really that surprised when she is happy as she’s coughing and struggling to breath through her nose but happy or not, she was getting really sick so I took the day off work to take her into the doctor. On my way downtown I called the doctors office to let them know I was coming in, but no doctors were going to be in until after 10:30 so I wasted about an hour at Target and did a little Christmas shopping until it was time to head over, Laine was such a trooper having fun talking to strangers and pulling things off hangers and shelves if I pushed the cart too close, sometimes I would on purpose just to keep her happy.

Our appointment was with a doctor that we haven’t seen before but one that I would totally see again if I had to. She took her time with Laine and really listened to all my worries and addressed every one of my concerns. She told me that Laine has a very bad ear infection, one that she called “impressive”. I had a little heart attack thinking her ears might fall off but the doctor told us that we caught it on what seemed to be its first day so it shouldn’t take more than two or three days to clear up.

We’ve got Laine on eh brat diet again and it’s keeping the medication from affecting her too badly. Her diapers are a little worse but no where near what they could be. As we all know. After the doctors appointment we met Erik for lunch to catch him up on the very first doctor’s visit that he’s ever missed. I think he felt bad for not being there on her first official sick visit. (They apparently don’t count the stomach virus as sick since she wasn’t given any kind of medication)
(They apparently don’t count the prescription diaper cream as a medication because she had a reaction and quit using it)
(Ha! Whatever)
After leaving Erik Laine and I headed over to CVS to get her prescription filled and since it was raining so badly I went to the drive through and drove around Friendswood and League City until it was filled. But then when I went back I realized I needed to get some more Aquaphor in case she had explosive butt reactions to this medication as well and I needed Tylenol for myself to deal with the pressure headache that had started that morning. So I ended up dragging her out into the rain anyway. The pharmacist was incredibly nice to me and gave me a sucker since Laine was too young and he reassured me that as a new mom I must be doing something right since at ten months this is her first ear infection.

I figure he was just saying nice things but as I had a headache and I was drenched and my kid was cranky and cold and hungry it was nice to hear that from a stranger.

So once we got home we played in the living room for a bit and I fed her some rice cereal with cinnamon which seems to be one of her favorite meals, she ate about twice what she normally does and took her medicine happily. She decided to conk out at 4:30 and seemed to want to stay asleep but I woke her up at 6:00 to take her to the White's house for Amy’s birthday. Erik was so upset that he wasn’t going to make it on time and was rushing to meet us there. I think Erik and Amy are a great pair, soul mates, brothers in another life, they get along so well. We stayed out until almost 9:30 before heading home and putting Laine to bed finally. She slept all night and we sent her off to daycare Tuesday with instructions to feed her only apples and bananas and cereal. Since the formula they have at the daycare is milk b
ased I asked them to give her only water if it looked like she was thirsty and they dint’ give her any bottles for the whole day, I was so glad they did what I asked.

So instead of three meals and two bottles she had four meals. However when I got there at 6:30 she hadn’t napped since 12:30 so as soon as I got her home I gave her some medicine and a little formula changed her diaper and put her to bed by 7:00. She woke up right at 6:45 this morning super happy and completely not congested. She looked like she felt a lot better. I had to leave for work but Erik gave her medicine and cereal for breakfast and said she was really happy for the rest of the morning. I had the car seat with me again, like a jerk, so Erik had to walk Laine to daycare but he said they enjoyed it. I’m hoping today that I’ll be able to do a little shopping before going home, we’ll see.
3 comments:
Dang woman! It's about time that you posted the weekend update! lol hahah just kidding. I hope that girlie of yours is feeling better. I hate it when babies dont feel well. Give her kisses for me.
There is so much I would like to comment on here! First of all, thanks for the beautiful Christmas music. I loved all the photos you decided to use--especially the mosaic of Laine in the little blue and white hat!!! I love all the cute expressions. I think this is your finest work of art, so far. I say "so far" because you just get more and more and more creative every single day! I loved the photos Colleen took and you chose my favorites, by the way. I have been waiting and waiting for you to finally post this update, so thanks a bunch. Now I can sleep well tonight :D I love you!
OMG look at all the beautiful pics of my family! I can't wait to see you guys around Christmas.
Post a Comment