Wednesday February 2: Rolling blackouts in South Texas during the coldest winter since the last coldest winter. Who thought this was a good idea? I understand lots of folks are running their heaters and taking longer showers but compared to watering our lawns and running the A/C in the summer time we shouldn’t be having this problem now should we? Whatever, I just wish they would have waited until after I took my shower with my electric hot water heater. Bastards.
Thursday February 3: Laine got a fever around 3:00 in the morning and I tried a cool bath and getting her to drink a bunch of water first but around 6:00 it turned into a full blown 103 degree mess so I gave her Tylenol and some chocolate milk and we slept some more until 8:30. I called into work and took Laine to the doctor to find that she had the flu and an ear infection. Happy Birthday Laine!
Since she is two now and a whopping 28 pounds she is allowed to take Tamiflu. Twice a day for five days, that stuff is a miracle drug.
Once we made it back home it was almost 2:00 in the afternoon and for the rest of the day Laine slept off and on until finally crashing out completely around 10:00. I was able to get another doll made and up on Etsy before passing out myself.
Friday February 4: Erik and I both had the day off work to stay home and take care of Laine. But Erik started feeling bad as soon as he woke up so I ended up taking care of the both of them while trying to get my house in order in case we didn’t cancel the birthday party. We did though, last minute and everything, but we’ll have that rescheduled for next Sunday.
All day Friday we stayed home. Upstairs in bed. Downstairs on the couch. Upstairs for naps. Downstairs for dinner. Upstairs for bed. That’s as far as anyone moved the whole day.
Saturday February 5: Laine looked a lot better Saturday morning. Erik not so much. Me not so much. Saturday wasn’t a good day for me. But mommy’s don’t get days off so we got up and dressed and headed to Kelly’s to get some breakfast then we went to Baybrook to look for some toddler bedding for Laine. Did you know that no one sells toddler bedding in their stores? Everyone sells it online but unless you want Cars, Toy Story or Disney princesses from Babies-R-Us you’re screwed. We ended up getting Laine a 3 in 1 potty so that we could get started on our potty training.
While we were at the mall though we were accosted by the Picture People, some lady walked across the walkway to stop us and tell us that our kid was “just too adorable to not photograph” and that if we followed her she’d give us a free 8x10. I said no thank you, with my best “you’re a freak , stop looking at my kid” glare but Erik was all sure why not and I said sure why not, like sure I’m not sick and I certainly don’t want to go home with my tired past nap time kid. But you know, it’s whatever.
As it turns out Erik was right and I was wrong (surprise surprise) and Laine was wonderful for a whole 20 minutes and we got some amazing photos taken of her, we bought some pictures as well as the free one because really we do have a beautiful kid and it was her birthday week and why not?
When we got home Laine and I napped for about an hour then she and I joined Erik downstairs until almost5:00 when Erik decided he wanted to go to GameStop to buy himself a new video game. So we all piled back into the car and went for a ride. On the way home we stopped and bought a frame for our new 8x10 of Laine and then we went to Kroger. Erik wanted food but not fast food and he didn’t want to go to a restaurant to sit and eat either so we went and wandered around the grocery store before deciding on some shrimp pasta and asparagus for dinner. I really should have made more; Laine ate enough that I should have cooked for three adults. Lately her appetite has been minimal and I’d just gotten used to it, but after being sick I guess she’s just getting better. I’m not complaining about that at all.
Sunday and pictures to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment