Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Tuesday, February 15

Yesterday

Yesterday Erik called me to wish me a Happy Anniversary-I-Mean-Valentines Day. Twice he said that. Since everyone else in his office had made plans with their significant others he let them all go home early and he stayed late, which was fine since we hadn’t planned anything. I got home and made dinner, the closest thing to what I can tell is his favorite of what I make, my spaghetti sauce from scratch. I enjoy making it too, lots of chopping veggies. It’s a therapeutic meal to make. Laine got a bag of candy for Valentines Day from her classmates and it was very difficult to sneak the chocolate out of her bag, she had a death grip on that thing, like she knew I was going to take it away. I let her keep the chewy fruit snacks and one sucker but that chocolate and hard candies are in my bag now. I gave her some strawberry milk to make up for the goodies I wouldn’t let her have then made her some pasta and taught her to say noodles, which is my new favorite thing she says now, and some strawberries. 
Erik got home right around 8:00 and just before that I’d tried to put Laine down then about halfway between whining because she’s too awake to sleep and whining because she’s too tired to fight me I decided that since it was valentines day that she should stay up and see her Daddy.  And it turned out to be a good idea because he got to hear her say noodle and that made Erik smile. After dinner I took Laine back up to bed and that time she didn’t fight me at all.  I was so tired after putting her down that Erik and I just decided to call it an early night and we went to bed too. He watched TV and I passed out asleep snuggled up on him. Laine got up and crawled into bed with me around midnight, I helped her into bed with me but I didn’t even register the fact that she was there until after 3:00. So much for being strict about her sleeping in her own bed. I’m apparently not following through as well as I’d like. And I’m sure it’ll come round and bite me in the ass in the long run but I have to say, I really enjoy snuggling with her at night. I wake up with pinched nerves in my neck and back and I am sore for the rest of the day but while she’s there it’s the most comfortable thing in the world so I’m thinking I may ease up on my pushing her to be a big girl. At least for a little while.
 

1 comment:

paige said...

hey amanda... i know the feeling. emma likes to come down and snuggle with me. she has been doing it for awhile now. part of me feels that i should take her back up to bed (and sometimes i or russell do as she cries). however, the majority of the time i just tell her to climb up next to me, hold her hand and let her lean into me, and fall asleep with my precious girl who loves to snuggle... remembering all too soon she will grow out of it and i can't take it back. maybe we should take it easy on ourselves. then again, maybe you need a day without soreness :)