I can take the Beltway and 288 but that way is expensive, three dollars a day plus it uses up more gas. However it shaves almost fifteen minutes off my drive, sometimes up to a half hour depending on traffic.
I can take 518 all the way in and that is my typical way going in the mornings, now that the school year is up and running again I have to deal with about six school zones but I really don’t mind that much. It’s still an easy ride.
I can also take the county roads into work, it’s a back, and round about way that takes the longest but uses the least amount of gas. Weird, that. Usually though I don’t’ go this way since it does take a full hour and I’m almost always running late.
Anyway, I took the long way this morning. Like I said, it’s rare for me to go this way especially at the end of the week when I’m done with going to work everyday and I resent the drive no matter what road I’m on. Usually I want to take the fastest way possible to get the day started and on its way to over quick. But last night was a hard night for me and the last thing I wanted today was to deal with rushed freeway traffic. I didn’t care to deal with angry mom’s trying to get into their schools and cutting people off just to get one more car length ahead, or speeding through red lights and seriously ladies?? You really aren’t getting there any quicker than you would had you not been an asshat. So when I got to Dixie Farm I’d decided to take the two lane back roads and just roll my windows down and turn my radio up and enjoy the county ride. I’ve got to say, I’ve been missing out. I haven’t been appreciating the beautiful ride I could be having every day. I just never take the time to look around at what I’m passing. I’m so concerned with the people around me and how fast we’re going that I’ve never really enjoyed the drive. Today I did though and I took pictures. This was my ride today and it’ll be the ride home too.
![]() |
| That's the sunrise over a feild through my window at 50mph. Not too bad for a camera phone |
![]() |
| Ahh, county roads and chemical tankers. |


No comments:
Post a Comment