Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday, February 5

No Reason

Holy Hell, what does that mean? I mean I know it’s just an expletive but really what does it mean? It’s an oxymoron right? And why does Holy Hell bother me but Holy Tuna Fish Sandwiches doesn’t?

So I was told that I looked nice today by a co-worker and I was asked the occasion, silly little man. He hadn’t noticed that I’ve been dressing nicer since Christmas. I have been wearing heels to work everyday except for Tuesdays, because seriously, who wants to taunt Tuesdays by wearing heels. Tuesday’s are the kind of jerks that would catch a heel on the stairs and I’d be dead. I hate Tuesdays. Well, the occasion was going to be Jennifer’s birthday, so I would have dressed nicer anyway, which makes it even more weird that they asked today rather than yesterday or the day before which was Laine’s birthday and far more obvious, but now that Jenn’s car is busted we won’t be doing dinner tonight with the family so really I’m dressed up for no reason and I would have told them all that but I didn’t see the point, so I just said “no reason.” Well, except for now it seems like there is a reason again because Alicia is going to go and get Jenn from College Station so it’ll be late dinner, but a dinner none the less and that still makes my “no reason” make sense because I could have gone home and gotten dressed up after work so yeah, technically I’m looking nice at work for no reason.

No comments: