Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, February 8

No Boxes!

I told my mom this weekend that I didn’t want to be buried in a box when I die, I have my issues with closed in spaces and the dark so it shouldn’t be that surprising to anyone to hear that I don’t care to be buried, tiny dark places always get wet and stinky and I don’t want moss growing on me. I don’t care if I’m not in that body anymore, that’s not the point. The point is that i’m asking to not be buried, so don’t bury me. Cremate me. Use my ashes to make a pair of diamond earings, fertilize your garden with me or mix me with paint and make some art. Do not stick me in a box. I mean it. Because you never know, you’ll think I’m dead but then I might return in a few months with amnesia, marry my third husband’s murderer, have an affair with my stepson, get divorced, turn evil, and die again. Surprise! It was really my twin brother all along! You don’t want the chance of that happening do you? No. So don’t bury me, crispy fry me and mix me with some glitter then toss me someplace so that I scatter. It’ll be fun.

2 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

Well, I will be LONG GONE by the time your body needs to be laid to rest in whatever fashion that may be. So here's to the person who gets that big responsibility! Here, here!

BColleen said...

i don't want to be buried either... never have. Bury my ashes and plant a tree on top of it or something. OHH or put me in a coffee can, mmm preferable with some coffee. lol
Yeah, I will haunt the person that tries to bury me whole. Donate what they need, cremate the rest (I don't want to be a cadaver either.)
But yeah, I am right there with you lady.... NO BOXES!