Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday, May 1

Sometimes I Have To Share

I love finding new music. It makes me feel like I’ve found some buried treasure; and I download most of my music so… buried treasure… piracy… it fits. I like knowing that no one I know has discovered my music before and it’s only me that knows these bands exist so that when I do tell someone about them I am doing my friends a favor. But I don’t like sharing my new music all the time. It seems whenever I do it goes main stream that much faster. A bit arrogant of me to assume I have anything to do with it but how should I feel when I discover Silversun Pickups three months ahead of anyone else and then all of a sudden they are in the MLB playoff commercials. I know in my soul it’s because I told all my friends about them and one of my friends secretly has a friend that works for MLB marketing. Bastards. So I reserve the right to not tell my friends about good music until it gets to the point where I HAVE to share my melodious discovery because it’s just embarrassing to dance alone. Does that make me a music miser? Maybe. Will I ever change? No.
I will tell you one of my discoveries here though considering there are only three of you readers. As long as you swear on a stack of Rolling Stone vinyl’s that I’ll never hear of you sharing this gift I’m giving you with any major sports marketing team.
Shadwell. I wouldn’t mind hearing these guys on the radio. If only we could get them off their Myspace arses long enough to get a label. Their song Fire, literally makes me want to hunt down the singer and tear his underclothes off, I don’t even know what he looks like and I really don’t care, not with a voice singing words like that. Sigh. And Short Breath, if you listen to that song you will be satisfied in ways no man or machine could do for you, however you can’t find them anywhere other than Rhapsody and iTunes. Meaning you have to buy each song. Which I refuse to do; no matter how much I love the music, if it’s not the real CD I’m not paying for it. This band does tempt me though. I swear Aaron is singing to me sometimes. Hey, a girl can dream…
This will hook you up with some rhapsody links. Go there. Be happy. You're welcome.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

Yes, I agree...you ARE amazing!!!