Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, May 18

I do what I do

I can’t file just one nail; I must make all of them even if I start at all.
Sometimes I have to listen to a song all the way through with no one talking and if you speak I will start that song over.
If a song is playing that I do not like and I am unable to leave the room or turn the station, I will get a headache, swift and fierce like.
Every time I change my pants I have to put on clean underwear, even if I am just changing my mind about my pants. New underwear with new pants and that includes in the morning, even if I put on a new pair right before bed the night before.
I cannot eat an orange. The stringy flesh catches in my throat and I feel like I’m dying.
Same goes for bananas if you don’t get all the little stringy's off.
I cannot eat lima beans or black-eyed peas because they are too dry and I feel as though they are sucking the moisture out of my body.
I hate little doors and if there is one near me it must be closed. Evil things live behind little doors.
I don’t like being alone in a dark house. All the lights in the house must be on if Erik isn’t home, evil things are scared of the light.
And if I have to go to bed without Erik then I have to be completely under the covers, evil things can’t find you if they can’t see you.
I can’t fold socks if they aren’t in a matching pair. If there is no match for two socks they both get thrown away rather than folded together.
I hate the feeling of hair on my neck but I like to wear my hair down and long.
I cannot start reading a book until after I have read the last page first.
I hate to wear makeup but I wear it every day because if I don’t then I’m not fully dressed and I don’t like walking around half naked.
I hate my arms but I insist on wearing tank tops more often than not.
I refuse to clean my car and I don’t know why.
I cannot just hang up on telemarketers; I have to let them know I am not interested first.
When I meet new people I don’t typically give them the benefit of the doubt, I just assume I won’t like them, especially if they are female.
I have issues with watching a movie before I know how it ends.
I don’t like to be told no. I react like a two year old child when I am told no.
I know I am a sore loser and still I play games I know I lose at.
If I’m working, reading, cooking or doing any thing at all and someone interrupts me its not that big of a deal, but if I’ve been staring into nothing for long enough for my imagination to jump start and I’m interrupted I feel as though my space is being invaded and the my walls come crashing down like Jericho.
If I make dinner and it isn’t perfect the first time, I’ll never make it again.
The fact that I know these things about myself would make you think that I would actively try to change them. And yet I don’t, because I do what I do. Right BColleen?
Srsly.

2 comments:

BColleen said...

hahah i love how you can make an entire blog out of one little comment i make. its always the comments where i dont know what the right thing to say is, and so I say something kinda neutral, and you always take it the right way. it makes me feel good inside, knowing that you listen open heartedly to me, and never take things a way that i dont mean for you to. :) your the bestest person ever!

izonprize said...

So what was the inspiration for this memoir? P.S. I love every little thing about you; especially the quirky things, because then I know you are truly MY child.