Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Monday, April 13

Love and Easter

Everyday Laine’s face changes; which I wasn’t expecting. You would think something so flawless couldn't be perfected and yet every morning I wake up and it has been.
The other night she almost slept the entire night away. Five hours of uninterrupted wonderful sleep. I’m not sure if it’ll happen again anytime soon and I’m not all that worried about it. One night of good sleep and I’m ready to go anther two months without any sleep again. I’m a pretty tough broad, I can handle it.
Living with an infant is simpler than I thought it was going to be. Maybe it’s because of the awesomeness of the Laine or maybe I just got myself a little too psyched out before she was born. Either way I’m glad, because besides the midnight feedings and the day care bill this whole experience has been pretty darn great but I’m pretty sure that it’s mostly because Erik is a great partner, better that anyone else’s that’s for sure. And I defy anyone to argue me that point.
Erik is the most amazing father. He does so much to help me that sometimes it seems like he does most of the caretaking of Laine himself and it’s me that’s helping him. I’m lucky that he wanted to be a father. He looked forward to being a parent just as much as I did and he’s not taking any of this experience for granted. He understands that we have to recognize the value of everything about her infancy because she won’t be like this much longer. He is even aware of the beauty of the sound of her cries; he knows that sound will change soon. I have a greater appreciation of him as my husband the more I see him with our daughter. No woman could ever love a man more because no man could ever love a baby more.


Quick weekend update:
Yesterday morning I got a nice new candy coating while trying to dress for the Easter egg hunt at my in-laws, just trying to take things slow and not rush myself.
Basically I was taking my lazy Sunday morning for exactly what it was meant to be; lazy, and I was enjoying myself. But Laine thought “Hey mom! Want to have some fun? I’ve got vomit!” and in the process of me trying to get myself cleaned up you know what she did? She peed on dad. Haha! So we did the only thing we could think to do. We took a family shower. And it is probably the sweetest memory I have of my time as a mom so far.
After church Laine had her first road trip. We went to Beaumont for lunch and then came back home for dinner. It was easy enough because she slept the whole time. With grandma holding her I got to lay down for about an hour which makes the whole three hours in a car worth it.
Pictures to come.

1 comment:

BColleen said...

oh, that sounds like a wonderful day, and yes you guys are amazing parents, Lainey Bug is a little lucky duck. :)