Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday, December 3

Totally The Worst Epiphany Ever

Whole family around the Christmas tree
Dad: "We talked about it and we agreed to keep it simple; socks, undies, PJ's, maybe a few small toys. I'll be honest, I had my doubts."
Mom: "I have one more gift for you guys!!"
Kids open a Wii
Dad: I don't know how she does it, but she know's what she's doing. And everyday, she' s the reason why we're doing it."
Everybody dancing happily around their gifts.

That's the new Walmart commercial on TV tonight.
I cried.
That's the mom I want to be.
Because that's the family we are.

We are having to scrape together all the pennies we find in the sofa to buy anyone a gift for Christmas this year. I was crying not becasue I thought it was a sweet commercial; though it is for sure. I cried because I have everyone's gift bought and wrapped already.

Everyone but Laine and Erik.

1 comment:

izonprize said...

Your dad and I laughed until we cried tonight. Mostly because we had this conversation today: How much can I spend from our checking today for Christmas? He says "whatever you want to honey, just keep it under $530.25 " I said, well, I am going to put everything back I had picked out and refigure it then.... Last year, we gave the grandsons a wii....oh dear....life is a puzzle!!!!