One: I think I may have been born too late. I think I was meant to be born nearer the time of the invention of the telephone, so that I could have been devastated by it. I could have become depressed and wandered the halls of my home in a sullen cloud of bereavement over my loss of creativity. Written correspondence at that point in history started to die, as did penmanship and original thought. I think the telephone can be blamed for the fact that there are no more inspirational ideas in Hollywood or the fact that every book I read is a pale comparison of some other book I’ve read. It’s sad really. And I think I should have been born in a time period where I could truly mourn the passing of the letter. I’d write about it now but I haven’t written a letter to anyone in years and my penmanship sucks.
Two: Did you know that at one point in his life Johnny Cash looked into a mirror and said “Let’s kill us both”? What an overwhelmingly philosophical profundity. To look at oneself and realize there are two in one body and to be tired of both.
Three: Is plastic surgery a way to try and God-proof yourself? Isn’t it a bit like turning on the lawn sprinklers to try and prevent the flaming sulfuric acid rain of the Apocalypse from setting fire to your flower garden?
Four: I read a story where a little girl asks an old man how old he is and his answer: “The same age as my little finger and just a little older than my teeth.” How beautiful is that answer?! That's how old I'd like to always be.
1 comment:
I LIKE THE ONE ABOUT THE FLOWER GARDEN AND GOD. GOOD QUOTES!
Post a Comment