Frank Turner
Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.
Friday, July 2
Not Cool
I am not okay with change. I try to be, I try to be flexable and understanding when things need to be updated or switched around but really I’m not okay with it. It buggs me, down to my very core I am bothered by things that need to be changed. It makes me laugh a little because I remember making fun of my dad, how he’d always buy the same style of shoes and he’d always order the same dish at every restaurant but now I’m that person. I like a certain kind of flip flop, the generic Target ones, black. I’m on my third pair. I like my jeans, Silver brand from Dillard’s when I can afford to buy them and the Target brand that are basically Silver knockoffs when I can’t. I like my Mossimo tank tops and my Folgers coffee and my Victoria’s Secret body spray and my CVS Tylenol and I really don’t see a problem with never changing from what I like. Now Erik came to my office yesterday and set up my new computer and updated EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM ON MY COMPUTER. I’ve been putting off updating to Windows 7 for some time, well, since it came out. Now I’m updated and I have to completely relearn how to use Microsoft Word and my EJE program. Everything is different and confusing and it’s like I need to start completely over in my job. Three years I have been working here, my office is just the way I like it things are set up a particular way, my desktop icons are in alphabetical order and I don’t care what anyone has to say about that, I’m happy with the way I run things in my corner of the world. But now it’s all messed up and different. I feel like I should look outside and find an orange sky and blue grass. It’s all wrong. And I don’t like it.
2 comments:
aww :( sorry, I can only imagine.
silver lining is, maybe you will learn to like this one more, and maybe it will give you some new things to work on if you ever get bored.
Thats my look on the bright side.
As your person, I say... if it wasn't your husband that brought in all that new for you to have to wrangle, then there would have been junk punching involved, just to make you smile. :)
xo
So how's the learning coming along? You are a very very very smart girl (Laine gets it honest)...I know you will love the new program once you get it. And yes, you and your dad have a lot of quirky things in common and it makes it easy for the rest of us to know how to please you!
Post a Comment