I got a message on Facebook this morning from a cousin of mine:
Hey girl. I was hoping I could ask you some questions. What made you decide in adoption and do you regret it? I'm really confused right now
My response:
Hey. I decided on adoption because it was the best option for Jacob. I wasn't married or in school, I didn't have a job and I was still living with my parents, plus I had issues with the father. It was a serious decision that took months to make, but when I decided I hooked up with an awesome agency in Houston. Our adoption is very open, I see Jacob once a week, if not more. But that’s a rare case; most open adoptions have visits every six months. I don’t regret it now but I had years where I thought if only I would have tried harder I could have been a good mom, but now I’m glad I did what I did. Jacob's parents are the best thing for him and they will be able to give him opportunities and the kind of love that even now I wouldn’t be able to offer him.
So, I decided on adoption because it was the best thing to do for my baby. And no I don’t regret it.
Keep in mind that adoption is a hard thing. Very hard, and if you believe in your heart of hearts that you cannot raise your child responsibly, then I would recommend adoption. But you have to be sure that you’re sure that you’re sure.
Adoption is not an easy out; you still have a responsibility to be the best birth mom in the world. You can call me anytime 832-385-0623. I work in an area with no cell reception, but call me after 5:00 and I’ll answer.
Boy, I hope I said the right thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment