Erik’s been working up at the church the last two nights. I’ve brought him dinner both nights around 9:00 and been asleep when he’s come home. Last night he brought his friend Charles along to help. I haven’t heard yet whether they are done or if they’ll have to go another night. I hope they take a break though. Erik isn’t cut out for late nights and early mornings anymore, but I am glad he’s helping out where he’s needed.
My person had another baby last week. The third in an ever expanding collection of the most beautiful girls in the world. Alice is perfect and tiny and I love her very much.
I started making barrettes to send with my dolls if anyone buys another one. Kind of a thank you gift, I’m going to match the barrette to the doll as much as I can, I think it’s a cute idea. Until someone buys a doll though I’m practicing my embroidery and it’s fun. I made a birdcage barrette and gave it to DonDon. She’s the only one I know that can really pull something like that off. She’s beautifully eclectic and I love that. I want to be that. I’d like to be able to wear birdcages in my hair and not have people look at me funny, it’d be so very Marie Antoinette, le sigh.
I’ve been wanting to put an update up here for a while now but it seems that the things I’ve been up to just aren’t blog worthy. Like, my living room vomited laundry everywhere this weekend; and I’m not joking, I just came downstairs on Saturday and there was every article of clothing I own (exaggeration) strewn about the entire house (exaggeration) and every toy Laine’s ever owned (exaggeration) on top of it all. I almost let the dog in to do her worst just so she could be that cherry (on top) she’s always wanted to be. But I didn’t, because I was to busy hyperventilating and writing lists, running around like a maniac, throwing everything onto the laundry room floor and slamming the door so I couldn’t see it anymore, because if I can’t see you, you don’t exist( not an exaggeration). It’s Tuesday and I’m still working on that pile that somehow showed up put of nowhere. Where was I that I have three days of laundry to do? It’s ridiculous.
I’m loving this weather lately, Laine and I have been playing outside after I get off work. I love being able to take her to the park that is so close to our house, I mean not even three blocks away and it’s the perfect size and it’s more or less hidden away so there are hardly more than one or two other children there and the parents are awesome about watching out for other kids, I love my park. However. (I wish I could add some kind of sound effect here, a dun-dun-dun, to let you know how huge this” however” is) Sunday evening while Erik was working at the church Laine and I went to the park. I was around 5:30 and when we got there a little girl name Emmie who’s big brother has her at the park at least three nights a week with his pot smoking friend, she was running up and down the stairs talking to herself and generally having a good time. When Laine got there Emmie followed her to the slide then to the swing then to the slide again and back and forth. Her brother started getting agitated with her not making up her mind, but I didn’t feel it was my place to say ”Dude, seriously? She’s two. Quit being a douche” And his friend was smoking a joint at the picnic table and if I’d had my phone on me I’d so call the cops. As it was I almost went to say something to him, however at that point the two boys and two toddlers were the only ones at the park with me and the pot head was a very, very large boy. Very large. So after about twenty minutes of back and forth the brother lost his cool and collected Emmie and took her to the basketball court across the way and sat while she picked flowers. At least he wasn’t mean to her, he’s just lazy. Laine and I then had about five minutes to ourselves and we had just gotten back on the swings when a man jumped one of the fences surrounding the park and started walking towards the playground. He was dressed nice enough, polo and khakis, but I don’t care how nice you look when you jump a fence and make a beeline for me and my kid I’m going to get jumpy. I positioned myself between Laine and the man and kept pushing her. My mind was going wild with what-if’s and I figured if he was someone who wanted to take a kid I’d have a better chance of fighting him off if she was in the swing. And it’s really hard to get her out of those swings with her boots on so we were going to make this as hard as we could for him. But of course he didn’t make a grab for Laine or me. Instead he sat on a swing and started swinging. And taking to himself. Then laughing. Hysterically.
Two teenage girls were walking through he area at that point and I let them be a distraction for the freaky dude while I snatched Laine and walked very fast back to my house after walking around the block twice just in case he followed. We won’t be going back to that park without Erik for a while. I’m so upset over the fact that I was made uncomfortable in my park. Drugs and mentally unstable men and teenagers sitting on the slides not moving for kids and all the things that shouldn’t be at my park are at my park and it makes me sad.
I’m sure there is more to say about the last few weeks I just can’t think of anything.
Except this.




1 comment:
WOW....YOU ONLY TOLD ME HALF OF THE PARK STORY!!! Oh my. Those poor toddlers with those messed up teens. God help them and God protect them from whatever people like that do when they are messed up on drugs. So sad! sorry you had to experience that. It should not be! Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment