Frank Turner

Love is Free and Life is Cheap ~and as long as I have me a place to sleep, clothes on my back and food to eat, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Wednesday, June 10

Life With Bitty

A lot has been happening in the last few weeks and I’m going to try to update on all of it but for the most part the photos will have to speak for themselves. Maybe.
We had a super lazy weekend but got some amazing pictures out of it.
She's been geting into those Dynamo games with dad.
Laine had her four month check up last Friday, she is now fourteen pounds and twenty-four inches and that means that in the last two months Laine has grown three inches and gained three pounds. When Jacob was four months old he was nineteen pounds, so I don’t know if she is behind or if this is just her pace, but I’m going to go with the “everything-is-fine-and-my-baby-is-perfect” outlook on the situation.

She got three more shots at this checkup and she still has little knots on her thighs but we’ve been rubbing at them and they seem to be going away.
She is officially into size two diapers, the last of the one-two got used this morning.
We went swimming for the first time at Erik’s parent’s house. I forgot to pack her swimsuit so we went naked and loved it. Grandma got in the water with us but I think Laine was more interested in chewing on grandma’s fingers than she was in the actual water, but she took to the water really well.
She’s a lounger. She’s her mother’s daughter. We spent the majority of the time trying to keep the sun off her and then dad came out with the smarts and got us an umbrella.
I’m pretty sure she’s going to start teething soon.
All that drooling and gnawing on fingers has to mean something other than she’s hungry.


We were given permission to start on rice cereal this week;
She's dong so well with it.
She doesn’t have the problems swallowing the cereal like we were told she would, she doesn’t spit much out, and the only time it gets all over her is when something makes her smile when she has her mouth full. Due to the fact that she's got me and Erik standing over her and applauding each bite she takes that happens a lot.
We are proud parents of a genius child, what can we say?

1 comment:

izonprize said...

Thanks for the updates. I do so hope this website is still active when Laine is your age now so she can appreciate and cherish these memories!